SOBREXA
I have been asked about Sobrexa in my travels, by colleagues and by clients. Sobrexa is a trade name for a purported herbal remedy to decrease or eliminate alcohol consumption. By a number of reports; the active ingredient in Sobrexa is a root from a vine found in Asia, the Kudzu vine. The active ingredient is Daidzin. The makers / sellers of the product state the use of this herbal supplement decreases the craving for alcohol. It is unclear how it may relate to other anti-craving medication. You can see information at their website: drinklessnow .com
The makers cite an 84% success rate. "Success in the program was de fined as not having unusual cravings for alcohol and following Last Call Program post-program guidelines." Well, the 84% success rate may or may not be impressive. Now you have to define "unusual cravings". What if the users continued to have cravings for alcohol? Is that usual or unusual? Lots of other questions about the study.
I suggest any program dealing with alcohol use disorder that can cite and legitimize an 84% success rate would have clinicians, clients, the government, and others flocking to their door. This does not seem to be the case with Sobrexa.
All this said. I did contact Sobrexa and offered to use it on a few clients EHD has that have trouble sustaining their sobriety. I informed them I would be happy to comment on it's efficacy and informed them if I saw positive results then I would recommend if for many of my clients. They were kind enough to offer to sell me the product. I can't, in good faith, recommend a product I have never used, nor never seen used by any reputable treatment program.
I would hope Sobrexa can help and assist the person struggling with alcohol. I don't believe the data is convincing at this time. Maybe with a double blind study by a reputable research organization will convince me otherwise.
The "Home Detox" blog will focus on the use of medical home detox for withdrawal from Alcohol, Opiates, or Benzodiazepines. The Home Detox blog will describe what constitutes a home detox, who are the best candidates for a successful home detox, and what the addiction industry states about the use of home detox. (888) 9DETOX9, (781) 439 2603 Bill@ExecutiveHomeDetox Twitter @PrivateDetox
Popular Posts
-
Alcohol Withdrawal and Seizures: The risk of a seizure during alcohol withdrawal is a fear of many alcohol dependent drinkers. The risk...
-
Oxycodone Home Detox can be managed, in most cases within 7 to 14 days. An Oxy Home Detox is likely to have success with the proper medical...
-
There are three or four Home Detox programs available for clients and families looking to medically detox from alcohol, opiates, and other d...
-
Home Detox is the process of going through a medical detox or withdrawal from alcohol or opiates (Oxycodone, Oxycontin, Percocets, Vicodi...
-
This blogger mobile app may be perfectly suited to Executive Home Detox. EHD is a "mobile" home detox service. EHD travels to the ...
-
Executive Home Detox recently had an opportunity to work with a highly qualified addictions physician in the New York Metropolitan area. A c...
-
Executive Home Detox, or EHD, has provided concierge level home detox (for alcohol and opiate use) in the United States for the past six yea...
-
Alcohol withdrawal is an actual diagnosis contained in the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual - I...
-
There is continued coverage and interest in the unfortunate case of the wrong way driver on the Taconic State Parkway. Diane Schuler was all...
-
New York City Home Detox: We come to you! New Yorkers know how to live. New Yorkers love to have services brought to them, rather then hav...
Saturday, September 22, 2012
Sobrexa
Labels:
alcohol,
alcohol use disorder,
alcoholism,
anti-craving,
clinician,
cravings,
Daidzin,
herbal,
Home Detox,
Kudzu vine,
Sobrexa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment: I will respond to your comment ASAP.